NEW RCMP UPDATE in the Lilly & Jack Sullivan case
Hey guys, here I am on the lunch break of the Karen Read trial, and the RCMP in Nova Scotia has dropped an update for Lily and Jack Sullivan. Unexpected, but welcomed.
I do still think they’ve dropped the ball in one key area — but we’ll get there.
All right, I’m going to read it in its entirety.
The Nova Scotia RCMP’s intensive approach to the missing persons investigation into the disappearance of Lily and Jack Sullivan continues. More than 11 Nova Scotia RCMP units are working on the investigation — some of which include the Northeast Nova RCMP Major Crime Unit, Pictou County District RCMP, Digital Forensic Services, Truth Verification Section (interesting), Legal Application Support Team, Police Dog Services, Underwater Recovery Team, Behavioral Sciences Group (again, interesting), and the Criminal Analysis Service.
They are joined in their investigational efforts by the National Centre for Missing Persons, the Canadian Centre for Child Protection (interesting), and provincial and municipal police agencies from Nova Scotia and other parts of Canada.
“The investigation is being led by a tenacious, committed group of investigators who are gathering and assessing information daily to learn more about the circumstances of Lily and Jack’s disappearance so we can find them,” says Sergeant Rob McCann, Officer in Charge, Acting Major Crime and Behavioral Sciences.
“All scenarios are being considered, and we’ve engaged every tool and resource at our disposal.”
The Nova Scotia RCMP would like to thank the public for all the tips, information, and video footage that has been provided since Lily and Jack went missing. With this support, investigators have collected hundreds of hours of video from the areas surrounding Lanstown Station — including footage taken from along Glock Road between 12:00 p.m. on April 28 and 12:00 p.m. on May 2, which was the subject of a public appeal by the investigation team on May 28.
Okay. That’s where they dropped the ball, in my opinion.
That late appeal for dashcam and video footage will surely have meant that some of that footage has been lost. People don’t save footage going back almost a month, because — you know — when they appealed for that on May 28, Lily and Jack had been missing nearly a month.
They went, as far as we know, three miles out — because a neighbor from three miles away, Melissa Scott, said they came to collect her trail cam footage. But they didn’t do that until May 20.
And I know they’re busy, and I know they had priorities — and the first priority is the acute search. But I’m sorry — where video footage is concerned, you’ve got to do it as quickly as you can. Because things get overwritten. Either through automated systems, or through people just deleting it, thinking it’s inconsequential.
So they dropped the ball there.
Done great in other areas — but they dropped the ball there.
That’s just my opinion.
The family interviewed 54 people — which has included the administration of polygraphs to some of the individuals interviewed.
They reviewed 488 tips, many of which have been assessed and followed up on extensively.
They searched the property from which the children went missing — including every aspect of the home, grounds, outbuildings, and nearby septic systems, wells, mine shafts, and culverts.
So there’s the answer to septic systems and wells. A lot of discussion has been had about those kinds of places — where people could be put in, or fall in.
They’ve been granted numerous judicial authorizations to seize and examine materials and devices that may provide information useful to the investigation.
“We’re assessing, evaluating, analyzing a significant volume of information from a variety of sources. We have a very coordinated and deliberate approach to making certain all information is meticulously scrutinized, prioritized, and actioned to ensure nothing is missed,” says Corporal Sandy Mataru, Investigation Lead, Northeast Nova RCMP Major Crime Unit.
“We’re committed to doing what is necessary to locate Lily and Jack and to advance the investigation — which may take longer than we all hoped.”
The information gathered thus far through the investigation, including the ground search and rescue efforts, has not identified new search areas.
News
Emmerdale fans are convinced Mackenzie isn’t really dead after his brutal showdown with John. Despite the shocking arrow and boulder scene, viewers believe Mack could still be alive — pointing out missing cast interviews and wild theories of John secretly keeping him captive. Could Mack return?
Emmerdale fans are buzzing with speculation after the apparent death of Mackenzie Boyd in a brutal showdown with John, but…
ESPN in Turmoil! Staff Threaten to Quit Over Treatment of Stephen A. Smith — “We Won’t Stay Silent Anymore”
Colleagues at ESPN Have Spoken Out, Saying They’ll LEAVE the Network if the Bosses Keep “Doing This” to Stephen A….
ChatGPT said: CNN’s Anderson Cooper Stuns Fans With Emotional Announcement: Ex-Partner Will Co-Parent His Two Children — “I’m So Grateful He’s in Their Lives”
Anderson Cooper’s 2 Children: All About Wyatt and Sebastian Anderson Cooper, the prominent CNN anchor, has opened up…
ChatGPT said: STUNNING REVEAL: Cat Deeley Breaks Down as She Shares the Heartbreaking Truth About Her 13-Year Marriage — “He’s Suffering from a Hidden Illness…”
Cat Deeley Admits Her 13-Year Marriage Was Filled with Nothing But Tears and Misery: “He Had a Hidden Illness…” …
America’s Scariest Home Returns! HGTV Execs Hope Haunted Hit Will Breathe New Life Into the Network
Fans Celebrate As Popular HGTV Series Gets Season 2 Renewal: ‘Best Show Ever’ Fans of the beloved HGTV…
Heartbreaking: HGTV Star Jenny Marrs Steps Away from Hit Show After Tragic Death of Her Child During Filming
HGTV Personality Jenny Marrs Mourns Loss of Child During Filming Jenny Marrs, the beloved HGTV personality known for…
End of content
No more pages to load