Carrie Bickmore had a guest on her Hit Network radio show on Wednesday whose battle hit close to home.
The radio queen had Australian of the Year Professor Richard Scolyer on her Carrie & Tommy show, with the esteemed pathologist discussing his brain cancer.
The 58-year-old got emotional as he told Carrie that his cancer has spread and that he didn’t know how much time he had.
‘I haven’t given up. There’re still opportunities out there,’ Scolyer told a moved Carrie.
‘That’s a reflection of many people – and me included. The fact I’m still alive and the three of us are able to have a conversation gives me some hope.’
From A-list scandals and red carpet mishaps to exclusive pictures and viral moments, subscribe to the DailyMail’s new showbiz newsletter to stay in the loop.
Carrie Bickmore (pictured) had a guest on her Hit Network radio show on Wednesday whose battle hit close to home
The radio queen had Australian of the Year Professor Richard Scolyer (pictured) on her Carrie & Tommy show, with the esteemed pathologist discussing his brain cancer
Scolyer added however that he understands it’s a race against time.
‘The scan that showed this recurrence was a big deal, and I hadn’t had any (scans) for more than a year’ he said.
‘75% of people are dead within a year (of diagnosis), and this was at 18 months… so with that coming up, I just felt a bit different.’
It’s a very meaningful topic for Carrie, who tragically lost her late husband Greg Lange (right) to brain cancer in 2010 at age 35, after a 10-year battle.
She continued his legacy by starting her own charity, Carrie’s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer, which she announced during her Gold Logie acceptance speech in 2015.
While promoting the charity, Carrie was welcomed back to The Project on Tuesday night in a downpour of confetti.
The television and radio star, who quit the Channel Ten show back in 2022, returned to her old stomping ground for a good cause.
The 44-year-old was on the desk for a ten minute segment that closed the show – but only as a guest.
The 58-year-old got emotional as he told Carrie that his cancer has spread and that he didn’t know how much time he had
‘I haven’t given up. There’re still opportunities out there,’ Scolyer told a moved Carrie. Pictured with his partner
She was there to celebrate the tear year anniversary of her charity foundation, Carrie’s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer, which has raised $24 million for cancer research.
Viewers were happy to see her again, with one writing on social media: ‘Ah a blast from the past of when The Project was actually good, funny and popular.’
Another person watching at home chimed in: ‘Just like old times’.
Carrie announced her departure from The Project after 12 years on air in October, 2022.
She had been absent for a three month ‘sabbatical’ with her family in London earlier that year, before returning to the panel in July, only to quit in October.
Three months after leaving the show, Carrie announced she’d split from her partner of 11 years Chris Walker.
‘It’s with immense sadness that Chris and I have decided to separate,’ she wrote in a statement on Instagram.
It’s a very meaningful topic for Carrie, who tragically lost her late husband Greg Lange (right) to brain cancer in 2010 at age 35, after a 10-year battle
‘While this is a tough time, our focus is on parenting, loving and supporting our three children Ollie, Evie and Addie with everything that we’ve got.
‘They are doing great. We won’t be making any further comment.’
Carrie is now the host of the Carrie & Tommy show on the Hit Network alongside Little.
Their radio show has dominated the national ratings survey last year.
News
Where’s Kyle? KIIS FM Star Vanishes After On‑Air Health Scare—“I Think I’ve Had a Stroke”
Kyle Sandilands was mysteriously absent from his KIIS FM breakfast show on Thursday after saying he’d had a ‘stroke’ earlier this…
A Survivor Bloodbath Is Coming: Leaked ‘Redemption’ Cast List Reveals The Biggest Villains Are Returning To Settle Old Scores.
Some iconic players are returning! Following the bombshell news that David ‘The Golden God’ Genat will be replacing Jonathan LaPaglia as the new host…
‘Life Will Go On’: Why I’m Still All‑In on Australian Survivor’s New Host David Genat
OPINION As a Survivor fan I’ve been going through it the past few weeks. When the rumours first broke that…
After 48 Hours Missing, KIIS FM Drops Kyle Sandilands Health News—Fans Stunned
KIIS FM has shared a health update on Kyle Sandilands following two days of unexplained absences from his radio show. Sandilands, 54,…
Kyle Sandilands Missing From KIIS FM: Mystery Absence After On-Air ‘Stroke’ Scare Has Fans Worried
Fans are fearing for the shock jock’s health after he failed to appear on his breakfast show on Thursday. Kyle…
“It’s A Slap In The Face”: MKR Veterans Slam Channel 7’s Controversial New Sports Star Casting
My Kitchen Rules will soon return with its fifteenth season. Channel 7 has given fans their first look at MKR…
End of content
No more pages to load