Georgie Tunny has revealed where viewers will see her next.
One of The Project’s stars has announced their next career move. Photo: Instagram/georgietunny
Less than a week after The Project was pulled off air, one of its stars has announced their next career move. Unlike her co-stars Waleed Aly and Sarah Harris, who have both left Channel 10 following the show’s cancellation, Georgie Tunny has revealed that she’s joining the network’s brand-new current affairs program, 10 News+.
The show, hosted by Amelia Brace and Denham Hitchcock, premiered at 6pm on Monday and airs six days a week. Channel 10 announced in a statement on Thursday that Georgie will bring her passion for sport, news, and storytelling to the program, covering the biggest stories and events in Australia and around the world.
“I’ve always been a fan of news delivered differently and am excited to be staying with the 10 family. Can’t wait to see where this new chapter leads!” she said.
Martin White, VP News, Paramount Australia, added in a statement that he is looking forward to seeing Georgie produce “stories with heart” for 10 News+.
“Georgie is a standout journalist with a remarkable ability to connect with people and uncover the moments that resonate most,” he said.
Georgie Tunny will be covering the biggest stories and events in Australia and around the world on 10 News+. Photo: Instagram/10styling
10 News+ divides viewers
10 News+ received a mixed response from viewers following Monday night’s premiere, despite featuring an exclusive interview with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.
“Seriously Channel 10! There’s enough depressing news already out there and now you’ve brought it to us at 6pm! Bring back The Project,” one person wrote, while another added, “Wow, you’ve booted The Project for A Current Affair, yawn!”.
“Why would you create a SNOOZE FEST of a show with NO SOUL,” a third commented, followed by someone else who said, “Cut and paste of Channel 9’s A Current Affair. Not interested. Already changed channel”.
Some people said it was a good first episode with “great presenters”, while others described it as a “joke” and predicted it won’t last the year.
10 News+ received a mixed response from viewers following Monday night’s premiere. Photo:
Georgie’s other role on Channel 10
10 News+ isn’t Georgie’s only role on Channel 10 at the moment, as she began narrating the new series House Hunters Australia in May. She previously told Yahoo Lifestyle that she was thrilled to be hosting the show, having been a longtime fan of the franchise.
“I used to watch this show with my family when I was growing up, I used to watch it when I moved out of home and I was living with my flatmate, and I would force Rob [Mills] to watch it as well and now he’s fall in love with it too,” she remarked.
“I have been such a fan of House Hunters for years, so when the opportunity came up for there to be an Australian series, I was just excited that I might be able to watch it. And now being involved and narrating it, it’s a pinch-me moment.”
Georgie joined The Project in a full-time role in August 2022, following a stint as a temporary replacement for Carrie Bickmore earlier in the year. She began her career at the ABC and also hosts the podcast Two Good Sports with her co-host Abbey Gelmi.
News
In a STUNNING twist, Team USA’s SNUB of Lane Hutson has thrown Kent Hughes into a CONTRACT NIGHTMARE, forcing the Canadiens GM to make a potentially FRANCHISE-ALTERING decision. Insiders warn this shocking development could DESTROY Montreal’s long-term plans and leave fans in complete DISBELIEF over what happens next!
Montreal Canadiens fans are still reeling from Team USA’s controversial decision to leave Lane Hutson off their initial Olympic camp…
Kent Hughes is reportedly preparing to make a BLOCKBUSTER move that could SHAKE the entire NHL, as a Canadiens forward suddenly gains massive TRADE VALUE. Rumors are swirling that this UNEXPECTED decision might completely TRANSFORM Montreal’s roster and leave fans REELING from one of the most DRAMATIC trades in recent history!
Montreal Canadiens General Manager Kent Hughes has never been one to shy away from bold decisions, and this offseason has…
Lane Hutson may be a RISING STAR with the Canadiens, but his mother Julie has just made a SHOCKING revelation—she’s deeply worried about her son’s future in the NHL. Her emotional plea has left fans STUNNED and questioning whether Hutson’s career could take a DRAMATIC turn nobody expected!
When a young hockey star bursts onto the NHL scene, it’s easy for fans and analysts alike to get swept…
The hockey world is in SHOCK as a BOLD trade offer puts Rasmus Andersson front and center—rumors swirl about a GAME-CHANGING deal that could SHAKE UP the entire league. Insiders claim this UNBELIEVABLE proposal could send star players packing and rewrite NHL history in one earth-shattering moment!
As the NHL trade market heats up, whispers of major moves are swirling around the Calgary Flames, and all eyes…
Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield were LEFT STUNNED by the Canadiens’ MASSIVE trade, admitting they were “FREAKING OUT” behind the scenes—this UNBELIEVABLE move has sent SHOCKWAVES through the locker room and could change the future of Montreal hockey forever. Fans are in disbelief at what just happened!
In a summer already packed with surprises, the Montreal Canadiens have just pulled off a move that has their locker…
Insider bombshell: The Block’s Han & Can — what really went down behind the scenes 👀
“They weren’t totally comfortable with it at first.” The Block 2025 has been filled with drama, and controversial contestants Han and Can have been at the centre…
End of content
No more pages to load