Former Married At First Sight bride Jacqui Burfoot made headlines on Tuesday when she appeared in Campbelltown Local Court to face her former TV husband Ryan Donnelly accompanied by a bodyguard.
Now, the reality star has shed light on the true story behind the hired protection, revealing not all is as it seems.
Jacqui took to Instagram on Thursday to share a clip of her and her fiancé Clint Rice, who also appeared on the hit dating show, along with an explanation.
‘Look guys, we needed a lift to Campbelltown (an hour south west of Sydney), from Double Bay, in a nice car (or we would have been trolled to death and bullied online – people are horrible),’ the 30-year-old wrote in an Instagram story.
‘The Uber was going to cost $300.’
Former Married At First Sight bride Jacqui Burfoot made headlines on Tuesday after she appeared in Campbelltown Local Court to face her former TV husband Ryan Donnelly accompanied by a bodyguard
The reality star has since shed light on the true story behind the hired protection
Jacqui took to Instagram on Thursday to share a clip of her and her fiancé Clint Rice, who also appeared on the hit dating show, along with an explanation
‘So we accepted a nice ride with an awesome friend who (in another life doubles as a body guard) and doesn’t mind the media attention – easy decision,’ she finished the post.
In another post, Jacqui referred to the driver as Mo, saying he was ‘a legend’ for driving them back and forth on Tuesday.
‘Fair to say there was no trouble today,’ she added as she posed with the driver.
This week, Jacqui appeared at Campbelltown Local Court after her former TV groom Ryan applied for an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) against her.
This was the first time Burfoot came face-to-face with Donnelly since filming for MAFS wrapped in November last year.
She did not say anything to reporters about the allegations outside court after the matter was adjourned.
Her barrister, Marcia Edwards, said it would be prejudicial for her to speak.
Donnelly’s lawyer, Daniel Wakim, later said his client still sought protection and he would talk with Burfoot’s lawyers about resolving the matter.
This week, Jacqui (left) appeared at Campbelltown Local Court after her former TV groom Ryan (right) applied for an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) against her.
‘We’re yet to see what the respondent has to put on in relation to my client’s fears,’ he said.
Donnelly told reporters he had found it very difficult emotionally, claiming his former screen wife posted about him ‘almost incessantly’.
He said he had never thought his on-screen marriage would turn out this way.
‘It wasn’t the adventure I had planned,’ he told reporters.
‘I wanted to have this amazing chapter of my life and have a comfortable circle, and leave amicably and as friends.’
The matter will return to court on July 29.
News
Kent Hughes PULLS OFF a STUNNING COUP for the Canadiens, landing an offensive powerhouse whose IMPACT is already being compared to Adam Lowry—fans and analysts alike are left in AWE as Montreal’s bold move promises to TRANSFORM the team’s attack and ignite a new era of UNSTOPPABLE scoring potential.
When the Montreal Canadiens selected Florian Xhekaj in the fourth round of the 2023 NHL Draft, few could have predicted…
Tony Marinaro DELIVERS a BOMBSHELL, completely DESTROYING all Hutson-for-Sanderson trade rumors with a series of UNDENIABLE arguments—fans are left REELING as Marinaro’s passionate takedown exposes why this potential blockbuster deal is IMPOSSIBLE, sending shockwaves through the hockey world and leaving everyone questioning what comes next for both teams.
In the high-stakes world of NHL trade rumors, few debates have sparked as much intrigue and heated discussion as the…
BREAKING: Scott Pelley Just Took Down CBS in 11 Words on Live TV — And Executives Are Fuming
“Bill Owens believed in independence. He left because he lost it.” Eleven words. That’s all it took. No raised voice….
Karoline Leavitt stood at the White House podium, ready to attack a federal judge — but NBC’s Garrett Haake shattered her confidence with just one fact.
“Karoline Leavitt Tried to Embarrass a Federal Judge — But Ended Up Exposing Herself on Live National TV” “That’s just…
“I’M STILL STUNNED”: Indiana Fever Just Won the Commissioner’s Cup WITHOUT Caitlin Clark — But the Real Shock Was What Happened Next.
She Didn’t Play a Minute. But Caitlin Clark’s Absence Was All Anyone Could Feel. The Indiana Fever just made WNBA…
Caitlin Clark From Icon to Target: She Got Knocked Down. They Laughed When She Got Hit. But What Happened Next… No One Saw Coming.
Caitlin Clark: From Icon to Target — She Got Knocked Down. They Laughed. But What Happened Next… No One Saw…
End of content
No more pages to load