Kyle Sandilands returned to his radio show on Thursday, one day after sensationally storming off during a live segment.
The shock jock and his co-host Jackie ‘O’ Henderson had been heavily censored on Tuesday for discussing the case of alleged murderer and former Beauty and the Geek star Tamika Chesser.
Returning to the show on Wednesday, Kyle raged that it was ‘unfair’ television and newspapers were able to report on the case before storming off the show.
However, the 54-year-old returned on Thursday despite claiming he would not be returning to air this week.
‘No one has mentioned it this morning and I forgot about it yesterday,’ Kyle told his co-host Jackie O.
Kyle Sandilands (pictured) returned to his radio show on Thursday, one day after sensationally storming off during a live segment
‘I can’t actually recall what it was about,’ he added before asking what happened on the show following his departure.
During Wednesday’s radio show, a furious Kyle complained that radio was held to a different standard when it came to ‘contempt of court’ before storming off.
He went on to say that the ‘radio laws should be overhauled’, before the show was taken off air.
‘This means someone has said something inappropriate and is currently getting in trouble,’ a recorded voice said. ‘The broadcast will return in seconds.’
Coming back on air, Kyle, who was broadcasting from home, was clearly not happy with the interruption and took aim at the KIIS FM censor.
‘OK, so the show got dumped in the middle of a planned discussion that I had already discussed with the legal team about things that have been happening on the show,’ he said.
‘Why was that dumped, censor, when I was using all the correct lingo?’
The censor told him that it was The Kyle & Jackie O Show director Bruno Bouchet who had made the call to dump the show.
The shock jock and his co-host Jackie ‘O’ Henderson had been heavily censored the day before for discussing the case of alleged murderer and former Beauty and the Geek star Tamika Chesser
‘You only dump when we’ve broken the law’, Kyle raged, before sensationally announcing he was leaving the show.
‘You know what? I’m going home – oh sorry, I’m already home.
‘I’m not going to waste my life coming in here when I’m being given this instruction, that instruction, this archaic law, that archaic law. I’m not doing it.
‘I’m not interested in being puppeteered by losers.’
Kyle’s spray did not end there, with the radio star adding that he would not be returning to the airwaves.
‘Some laws are just so dumb and stupid, and I’m not playing ball,’ he said.
‘Until this show runs the way I intend it to be run, I will not be back on the air at all, in any way, shape or form.
‘I’m not going to waste my life here walking on eggshells around other people’s ideas of what I should be doing.
Kyle returned on Thursday despite claiming he would not be returning to air this week. Pictured Kyle’s co-host Jackie O Henderson
‘Enjoy the rest of the week, guys. Arrivederci from me,’ he signed off. Pictured sports presenter Cooper Johns
‘I do what I want to do and if you don’t like it, tough s***. That’s the way it is with me.’
Kyle then joked he was going searching for Bruno with ‘the dogs and a baseball bat’ around his house before Kyle’s manager returned to the mic.
He admitted pulling the show off the air, saying: ‘Yeah for the contempt of court stuff. I just don’t want you guys going to jail’.
This did not sit well with Kyle who replied he would rather face prison time than be told what to do.
‘I’d rather be r***d in jail than be puppeteered by losers,’ he spat.
‘That’s the show ripped up. Judges can shove it in their a***, ACMA [Australian Communications and Media Authority] can shove it in their a***, and so can the management of the radio station.’
Kyle then said that he would be off air until at least Monday before making his exit.
‘Enjoy the rest of the week, guys. Arrivederci from me,’ he signed off.
Former reality star Tamika Chesser was arrested on June 19 after police responded to reports of a small fire at the Port Lincoln home she shared with 39-year-old Julian Daniel Story.
But when emergency services arrived, they found Mr Story dismembered and missing his head on the bathroom floor of the apartment.
Chesser was arrested at the scene and charged with murder. She is currently being held in James Nash House, a mental health facility.
News
In a STUNNING twist, Team USA’s SNUB of Lane Hutson has thrown Kent Hughes into a CONTRACT NIGHTMARE, forcing the Canadiens GM to make a potentially FRANCHISE-ALTERING decision. Insiders warn this shocking development could DESTROY Montreal’s long-term plans and leave fans in complete DISBELIEF over what happens next!
Montreal Canadiens fans are still reeling from Team USA’s controversial decision to leave Lane Hutson off their initial Olympic camp…
Kent Hughes is reportedly preparing to make a BLOCKBUSTER move that could SHAKE the entire NHL, as a Canadiens forward suddenly gains massive TRADE VALUE. Rumors are swirling that this UNEXPECTED decision might completely TRANSFORM Montreal’s roster and leave fans REELING from one of the most DRAMATIC trades in recent history!
Montreal Canadiens General Manager Kent Hughes has never been one to shy away from bold decisions, and this offseason has…
Lane Hutson may be a RISING STAR with the Canadiens, but his mother Julie has just made a SHOCKING revelation—she’s deeply worried about her son’s future in the NHL. Her emotional plea has left fans STUNNED and questioning whether Hutson’s career could take a DRAMATIC turn nobody expected!
When a young hockey star bursts onto the NHL scene, it’s easy for fans and analysts alike to get swept…
The hockey world is in SHOCK as a BOLD trade offer puts Rasmus Andersson front and center—rumors swirl about a GAME-CHANGING deal that could SHAKE UP the entire league. Insiders claim this UNBELIEVABLE proposal could send star players packing and rewrite NHL history in one earth-shattering moment!
As the NHL trade market heats up, whispers of major moves are swirling around the Calgary Flames, and all eyes…
Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield were LEFT STUNNED by the Canadiens’ MASSIVE trade, admitting they were “FREAKING OUT” behind the scenes—this UNBELIEVABLE move has sent SHOCKWAVES through the locker room and could change the future of Montreal hockey forever. Fans are in disbelief at what just happened!
In a summer already packed with surprises, the Montreal Canadiens have just pulled off a move that has their locker…
Insider bombshell: The Block’s Han & Can — what really went down behind the scenes 👀
“They weren’t totally comfortable with it at first.” The Block 2025 has been filled with drama, and controversial contestants Han and Can have been at the centre…
End of content
No more pages to load