Authorities believe Lilly Sullivan, 6, and Jack Sullivan, 4, who were reported missing on May 2, wandered from their Nova Scotia home
(L-R) Lilly and Jack Sullivan.
Credit : RCMP
NEED TO KNOW
Siblings Lilly and Jack Sullivan of Nova Scotia have been missing since May 2
Authorities announced on May 7 that the search for the children has been scaled back, with one official saying that the chances of them being alive are low
The RCMP said on Tuesday, May 13, that they are “exploring all avenues in this missing persons investigation”
The search for two young siblings from Nova Scotia, Canada, who have gone missing for almost two weeks, continues, authorities said as they received nearly 200 tips from the public in connection with their disappearance.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said Lilly Sullivan, 6, and Jack Sullivan, 4, were last seen on the morning of May 2, on Gairloch Road in Lansdown Station, Pictou County. Authorities believe the two wandered from their home.
The RCMP said the search for the two children has involved multiple agencies.
“Police and others involved in the search appreciate the ongoing community support across the province related to this missing person investigation,” read a RCMP news release from May 2. “We ask, however, that the public avoid the search area to allow trained searchers to do their work. The child’s family has been kept updated on the search efforts.”
Authorities described Lilly as having shoulder-length light brown hair with bangs and may have worn a pink sweater, pink pants, and pink boots. Jack was described as having blondish hair and blue dinosaur boots.
On May 7, the RCMP said in a news release that the operation, which involved 160 trained volunteer searchers, was being scaled back.
“It has been an all-hands-on-deck effort, using every available resource and tool,” Staff Sgt. Curtis MacKinnon, District Commander for Pictou County District RCMP, said in a press statement. “We’re transitioning from a full-scale search to searches in smaller, more specific areas; we’ll be retracing our steps to ensure all clues have been found.”
At a press conference held that same day, Sgt. Robert McCamon with the RCMP’s major crimes unit responded to a reporter’s question of whether the children were still alive, saying: “Based on the experts and the review of the facts — the inclement weather, the time frames and their age — the likelihood that they’re alive right now are very low.”
In a Tuesday, May 13, update, the RCMP said the search for the Sullivan children remains ongoing, adding that members of the public have sent authorities over 180 tips, which are being followed.
“We’re exploring all avenues in this missing persons investigation,” MacKinnon said. “We have officers from multiple disciplines dedicated to finding Lilly and Jack, including highly trained RCMP major crime and forensic investigators.”
“We continue to work day and night on this file,” MacKinnon added. “Like all Nova Scotians, we want answers, and we want to know what happened to these children.”
Daniel Martell, the stepfather of Lilly and Jack, said he suspects the two children got out of a sliding back door as he and the children’s mother were in their bedroom with their 1-year-old daughter, the CBC reported.
Martell also said he believes Lilly and Jack were kidnapped, but the RCMP said there is no proof that this occurred, the CBC added.
In an interview with CTV posted last week, Martell said that investigators interviewed him.
“They asked me everything,” he told the outlet. “I gave them all the information. I gave them my phone, I asked for lie detector tests … I’ve asked for drug tests. I’ve done everything.”
Authorities asked those with information on the Sullivan children’s whereabouts to call Pictou County District RCMP at 902-485-4333 or Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
“Our thoughts continue to be with the children’s loved ones and the community at this difficult time,” the RCMP noted in its May 13 news release.
News
Emmerdale BOMBSHELL: Bradley Johnson ‘in complete shock’ over Vinny’s dark new twist — “I didn’t see it coming!”
Emmerdale star Bradley Johnson, who plays Vinny Dingle, recently admitted he was “in complete shock” when he found out about…
Robert’s Return SHAKES Emmerdale! Victoria’s exit sparks shocking new chapter for Ryan Hawley’s character
In a twist that’s sent ripples through Emmerdale fandom, actor Ryan Hawley is reportedly set to reprise his role as…
Actor Gemma Oaten, who plays Gabby Thomas, influences a major twist as her character intervenes in the Dingles vs. Tates feud: “You’re in a much stronger position than you think—Kim is desperate for that land.”
Emmerdale is no stranger to explosive family feuds, but a fresh twist in the long-running war between the Dingles and…
Emmerdale fans are convinced Mackenzie isn’t really dead after his brutal showdown with John. Despite the shocking arrow and boulder scene, viewers believe Mack could still be alive — pointing out missing cast interviews and wild theories of John secretly keeping him captive. Could Mack return?
Emmerdale fans are buzzing with speculation after the apparent death of Mackenzie Boyd in a brutal showdown with John, but…
ESPN in Turmoil! Staff Threaten to Quit Over Treatment of Stephen A. Smith — “We Won’t Stay Silent Anymore”
Colleagues at ESPN Have Spoken Out, Saying They’ll LEAVE the Network if the Bosses Keep “Doing This” to Stephen A….
ChatGPT said: CNN’s Anderson Cooper Stuns Fans With Emotional Announcement: Ex-Partner Will Co-Parent His Two Children — “I’m So Grateful He’s in Their Lives”
Anderson Cooper’s 2 Children: All About Wyatt and Sebastian Anderson Cooper, the prominent CNN anchor, has opened up…
End of content
No more pages to load